Thursday, September 22, 2011

Up in the sky so high...

Finally, all settled down on the plane.

Initial worries of missing the flight or getting there and realizing I forgot my passport etc are now gone and all that's left is the anticipation of a fun filled 3 weeks.

It's 2.30am Aussie time, but only 12.20am where I'm going. My body is weary from all the running about I've done in the last few days but I'm still buzzing with excitement.

The kids slept on the way to the airport, a mere cat nap, and also once we were taking off. They awoke when food was being served (at 1.30am) and are finding it hard to wind down. I find it hard to care when I'm still pumped up myself!

I know that once we arrive, the final hurdle will be to get our luggage and clear customs. Once through, the kids will have a few hours of sleep available to them since we will be whisked away to my Sister's place, where we plan to chill out, anyway.

Few hours later...

Didn't sleep much. Kept waking up to check that the kids hadn't walked off the plane :) I watch too much movies, and always imagining different "what-if" scenarios in my head all the time. So sometimes if u see my eyes glaze over a little, I'm probably calculating little paths and tangents a la "sliding doors" in my head :)

I stopped trying to sleep around 6am. Been waking up at that time approx, for the last week or so since spring arrived. Ultra motivated to get up and about with the fine weather (except for the thunderstorm on Tuesday). Hibernations over and I'm ready.

Till my next post...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: